September Rose

"like a rose trampled to the grown, He took the fall....and thought of me, above all."

Name:
Location: NEW ENGLAND, United States

A 40year old female living in New England..... rambling about parenting 4 kids,homeschooling, autism, spiritual abuse, relatives, politics and any other thought that passes through this old brain. I mostly ramble on "in the garden"

Sunday, September 11, 2005

a birthday trip

My husband planned for me a birthday surprise today.

My husband who, spontaneous creativity is a swear word, actually planned last summer to take me on a "surprise" trip! He kept this secret for three months! Unbelievable.

This is the first time that I have ever allowed someone to take me out of state without knowing where I was going or when I would be back. It is a sign that I am finally in love with someone that can be trusted!

He took me to an absolutely breathtaking concert that has touched me deeply.

Has anyone seen Ronan Tynan perform?

I have to say that my preference of music is hiphop dancing from the 1980's, Madonna, Cyndi Lauper and those types.... my favorite rock group is the eagles...honestly, I like all kinds of music; but not "tenors".

Ronan Tynan, is an exeption to that rule. ANYONE with any inclination of what real music sounds like would be touched by this man's voice. He had me laughing one minute with his humor and crying the next.

If you don't know Ronan, look him up. http://www.ronantynan.net/

My only complaint is that he is a Yankees fan...ugh.

This man was an inspiration and a motivation for me to continue to fight against the obstacles in my life and to over come them. He is a man who was born with an ankle defect and was told by the doctors that he would never walk. He went on to walk (and win olympic medals); become a doctor (Trinity) and now a worldwide Tenor.

He is a hero to all children who are born with disabilities and ache to overcome. He is a hero to the every day person who aches to hear about the good going on in the midst of a chaotic, uncertain world.

Ronan Tynan, THANKYOU FOR SHARING YOUR VOICE WITH OUR WORLD. Thankyou for overcoming incredible odds and sharing your story with an open heart. Thank you for being more than just a survivor; for being a HERO.

as for me, after today, My wonderful husband Tony is my hero; for knowing my heart enough to touch it in such an incredible way by driving 3 hours to Hyannis MA so that I could be encouraged by a fellow survivor. (((Tony)))

-jane

****************************************************************************************************************

off topic;
what is up with those new cars that have signal lights on their side mirrors??????? They gotta go! I was driving home from the Cape tonight in the dark - they don't believe in street lights out there. Everytime I got behind one of these new cars, I thought there were 2 cars taking a turn!!!! Will someone please get rid of them!

2 Comments:

Blogger David Cho said...

Jane, You got spammed...

8:35 PM  
Blogger Tera Rose said...

and here I was thinking that someone LIKED my blog that I had never heard of! Man, it was my tickett to fame in my mind...

lady, go away!

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home