September Rose

"like a rose trampled to the grown, He took the fall....and thought of me, above all."

Name:
Location: NEW ENGLAND, United States

A 40year old female living in New England..... rambling about parenting 4 kids,homeschooling, autism, spiritual abuse, relatives, politics and any other thought that passes through this old brain. I mostly ramble on "in the garden"

Saturday, September 10, 2005


Hannah's Haven

Hannah's Haven is a dream of mine and Tony's. I remember the birth of this dream, it was one of the earliest moments when I was leaning to hear God' voice in the midst of prayer. I was a single parent in those days, struggling to finish college. I was seated on the kitchen floor, legs folded, reading the bible and praying.


I came across Isaiah 54. The words grabbed me from the pages of my bible and became living. "You oh barren women, enlargen your tent for many will be your children." It went on to speak into my life in more ways than I can write about now. For the sake of Hannah's Haven, it said to me, "your children will come from the east and the west" I could feel in my heart multitudes of children in exile coming to me and calling me momma.


I was doubtful at first, believing that perhaps I had gone a little insane. So I prayed, Lord, if this is from you, please instill in my heart a name for it. I believe that He called it, "Hannah's Haven", because Hannah wept for children and haven in the new testament is a place of rest and rebuilding.


Many years have passed since thost moments. I have had children pass through my home as foster children. They have touched my life in so many ways. I married my best friend Tony, who has picked up my vision for this dream. He is so much more level headed then I and decided to do it in a "better way".


Four years ago we purchased a fixerupper of a raised ranch. We fell in love with it because it has 6 bedrooms and was built on 2.5 acres of land. It is 2 miles from where my husband works and in a small city that has a diverse population.


We have purchased ducks, rabbits and other small farm animals. We are leanring how to care for them. We are also learning how to farm organically. We believe that animals will help children with attachment issues and farming will teach them incredible things while healing.

We are still building Hannah's Haven and hope to be licensed soon....

I want so much to take in those New Orleans orphans, but that is another post.

-jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home